Scotty Gosson Exposed!: 5/four/14

Sprawy związane z mieszkańcami Bełżca, Gminy Bełżec i okolic.

Regulamin działu

!!!!UWAGA!!!!
ADMINISTRATOR NIE PONOSI ODPOWIEDZIALNOŚCI ZA TREŚĆ WPISÓW! POSTY SĄ WŁASNOŚCIĄ OSÓB WPISUJĄCYCH I TO ONI PONOSZĄ ODPOWIEDZIALNOŚĆ ZA ICH TREŚĆ!
PostNapisane: wtorek, 19 czerwca 2018, 11:28
We've got a variety of content material to compress into a restricted house right here. Identical to this '55 Chevy, strapped to a pallet and certain for China. So do not count on much chit chat this week.

Thanks to your understanding over the previous couple of weeks, as my day job acquired in the way in which of the blog. Deadlines will be such thieving little oppressors. The mud from that annoyance is settling now, and there are untold stories cued-as much as be launched into the hotrodosphere.

Big DADDY'S Massive Cost

Last week, we gave you a heads-up on Don Garlits' impending attempt at hitting 200 MPH in the quarter mile with electric power. Always the explorer, Garlits is clearly studying about extra than simply applying electric torque with this project. The radical bodywork is probably going hiding some chassis advancements. On May Day, Large Daddy lit the Goodyears and took his shot. Dragzine.com was present at Bradenton Motorsports Park in Florida to capture the historical event. This image is the primary electric burnout to ever grace the SGE page, marking one more incremental in Garlits historical past!

After three warm-up runs (which tore up several components), the hammer was dropped on a full cost cross, producing the above ET slip. In need of 200, however a World File, nonetheless.

Other than an air hose blowing off the pneumatic B&J 2-pace trans, no mechanical issues had been suffered. Electrical issues had been one other matter, as the monster motor melted down greater than one of many 800 amp fuses, including this specimen in the Swamp Rat's claws. Dwell and learn, proper?

At day's end, these guys owned a World Document and had been assured of 200 MPH with a change of gearing. They count on to show it within the next two weeks. Back row: The Lawless Industries crew, the HighTech Programs crew, and the Garlits Museum crew. Up entrance: Garlits and photographer Lisa Crigar.

Because the crew packed up the automotive, Big Daddy mounted his bicycle and pedaled again to Ocala. (Photos courtesy of Dragzine.com)

LORI BENTLEY Regulation'S Pick OF THE MONTH

SGE regulars are familiar with our Southwest correspondent, Lori Bentley Law. However do you know that Lori options an estrogen-powered rodder on each of her glorious Motorpalace.com weblog posts? This month's entry is a typical example...

Meet Dana Dencklau. Her automotive journey has simply begun, but is already a certified success...

Dana's dad Ron bought a brand new Triumph TR3B at Continental Motors in Plainfield, New Jersey in 1963. He immediately installed a rollbar and race harnesses. Good factor, as a week later, it was totaled by an errant VW Beetle. He traded the carcass and insurance examine for this an identical 'sixty three and by no means appeared again.

Ron enjoyed many years of road and observe time in the Triumph, then retired the automotive upon opening his race tire store in the Eighties.

Ron's Florida tire store. There should be hundreds of great tales behind this single picture...

In 2010, Ron busted the TR3B out of storage and hauled it to Dana's present residence in San Felipe, Mexico. She already had a cool Triumph, however the more the merrier, proper? Get the entire scoop at http://motorpalacepress.com/featured-mo ... -dencklau/

MARTY STRODE'S Shop

Marty made quick work of Lonnie Gilbertson's Hit and Miss Special. The John Deere single cylinder monster now has a tube body, a rollcage, and steering. That is an early 'cage take a look at fit, shot earlier than including the second hoop.

Cage complete.

Steering installed.

Fiberglass whisperer Leighton Mangle did his magic on the highest half of the tank, including this snug cutout for Lonnie's beloved single stroker. "Nothing runs like a Deere." The purpose is 50 MPH. The Deere makes 1 1/2 HP now, however a deliberate electric blower might pump that as much as almost five horses.

Lonnie hauled the little tankster away final week, and Marty returned to work on Jim Lindsay's Modified Roadster.

The Jimmy Durante nose is now trimmed to wind cheating proportion, and Marty has begun connecting the dots between schnoz and cowl with aluminum sheet.

The mocked-up B&B Pace Shop gasoline flathead is lastly sporting the blower that can vacuum up Bonneville's skinny salt air. This B&M 144 should make a adequate respirator. (Images courtesy of Marty Strode)

And where was Jim Lindsay himself, whereas Strode was flinging all of those sparks on his behalf? We found him making tracks in his '34 coupe on this Washington beach. (Photograph courtesy of Jim Lindsay)

DANNY THOMPSON'S Shop

Danny's quest to snag the report that eluded his dad Mickey is attracting media attention in every single place, including this current cover piece in OC Weekly.

M/T and D/T on the salt in 'sixty eight with the Challenger. You suppose this challenge is personal? Oh yeah...

The new Challenger crew: L-R: Holly Martin, Frank Hanrahan, Tim Gibson, Dave Hadley, Tom and Terry Hegman, and Lou Andersen. That is D/T sitting with the scratch-built switch case.

These stereo billet Hemis will propel the tin needle via time and space at Bonneville this August at Speed Week, and presumably at the World Finals and Mike Cook's private fall Shootout.

Last week's preliminary test firing boded effectively for this summer time's runs. No drama.

Thompson has some corporate affiliate sponsorships, however the majority of assist has come from decidedly more grassroots efforts. I have been bulking up my wardrobe accordingly. (Photos courtesy of Holly Martin)

DAVE HIX' Store

Southern Oregon SGE reporter Ronnie Mankins has been a part of Dave Hix' Nitro Altered effort from day one. You might recall these photographs that Ronnie sent a few weeks back. The automobile has since been monitor examined and Ronnie is within the midst of renewing his competition license. I'll be shooting a journal characteristic on the automotive next week, and will submit out takes right here.

Unwrapped, in your eyes only. Testing revealed need for clutch adjustments and totally different tires. Otherwise, all is untouched. Hix thanks Bill Comstock Race Cars, Simpson Race Merchandise, Colvin Oil, and VP Fuels, together with Kirk and the crew at Champion Raceway in Medford, Oregon.

The tip??? Not even. The nitro tipping has simply begun... (Photographs courtesy of Ronnie Mankins)

CHAMPION RACEWAY

Dan Nikodyn's Nova has been paired up with Dan Holshier's Impala extra occasions than both racer (or anybody else) can remember. The countless grudge match is set for another season, with several promising events scheduled for 2014 at Medford, Oregon's Champion Raceway. Life is sweet, thanks to trace managers Kirk and Michelle Hobson.

Some random pictures of Champion's 2014 opener, including the show stealer: The Photograph Drone. I so wanted to be the primary to do that locally, however got too busy for my own good and missed out. This little man spits out some cool video, too. Go to championraceway.com. (Photographs courtesy of Dennis Vollmar)

THE SGE Model A

My Sunday commute to Dr. Lockjaw's Custom Metal store takes me right past Ray's Supermarket in tiny Jacksonville, Oregon, where the locals meet for Sunday espresso. I lastly stopped in and mentioned Hello final week.

The latest from Chili Pepper George Carlson is that this tasty Early-A hair messerupper. He is been driving the wheels off of it, yet his hair is ideal. Nobody is aware of how he does that.

John Ott's nailhead-powered '32 is the topic of a future Scotty venture. Stand by for more on this legit early Sixties rod.

Stance a lot? Allan Stewart's '40 PU carries a commanding presence to any parking area he wishes. Allan's simply pleased to be anyplace, after successful an in depth name with cancer. Glad to see you again on the streets, man!

Lastly at Doc's. Remember the rear wishbones that I obtained from Sherm Parker? We heated and bent the first one to hit its target, reduce it to length, and TIG'd within the early Ford tie-rod finish.

The round tie-rod bung and oval wishbone by no means match up properly, so we were forced to make adjustments on the lathe to understand a flowing design.

We joined the items and decided we didn't like the outcome. Then I had to run. I used to be gone for three weeks of deadline thrashing. It was throughout that time that I realized I had grabbed two driver's facet rear 'bones, instead of a left and a right. Doh!

I made up for the wishbone gaffe (sort of) by scoring this open drive 'forty eight Ford truck rearend, full with E-brake assembly. Doc is completely happy that we're not using his pristine quickchange rear for messy mock-up work, and I am stoked to tear into my first banjo solo.

After three weeks of tickling the keys, it positive felt good to get back to Doc's. Shop candy shop!

This week's aim was to get the front suspension mocked up. Nothing modern right here - just primary sizzling rodding. The start line was this '36 axle. We had previously split the wishbone and located the brand new 'bones to be far from the place we wanted them to find. We known as an audible and sprang into motion...

We sliced each 'bone just behind the manufacturing facility weld...

...pried the cuts open (using the traditional method), and angled the 'bones to our liking...

... angle ground the cuts...

... stuffed the gaps with glorious gobs of MIG weld...

... tacked on the bungs (we'll clean up these welding jobs later and make them pretty)...

... and mocked-up the entrance end yet one more time. The unique intent was to mount the 'bones by way of the framerails, but to maintain geometry inside purpose (with the rake and experience height I needed), it was determined to mount them atop the rails. Unusual, yes - however this is not any strictly-conventional construct, by any stretch. With sheetmetal (hood sides, particularly) mounted, the look ought to be clean, and caster will fall within our six to seven degree goal zone. Subsequent up is a custom front spring, and a swap to '40 - '48 spindles, permitting for correctly mounted hydraulic brakes, and dropped steering arms, to dodge the obstacles in the way in which of the current '36 components.

BREAKING THE ONE HUNDREDTH BARRIER

America's fastest sweetheart, Shirley Muldowney, accepting kudos from Wally Parks for winning her first NHRA nationwide event in 1976 - the primary ever for a female driver. 38 years later, hypothesis runs rampant concerning who will be NHRA's a hundredth female winner. Progress? Yes - sluggish, but steady.

Angie Smith has a shot at estrogen win #100 in Pro Inventory Motorcycle...

... as does PSM competitor Katie Sullivan.

Brittany Force could do the deed in Top Gas...

... as could sister Courtney Pressure, in Funny Automobile.

And Alexis Dejoria has been on quite the F/C scorching streak, herself.

But Pro Stock shoe Erica Enders-Stevens is the SGE Hot a hundred decide, as we might love to see the milestone "W" go to a driver using a real clutch and shifter to whip an precise car to the stripe at 200+ MPH. Finally, you know we'll be cheering whoever takes the a centesimal, as we are large fans of all girls in motorsports. This shall be a giant win for all feminine competitors, and we be part of them in saying, "Thanks Shirley!"

SQUIRREL AND TOOLBOX

East coast SGE spy Motormouth Ray noticed this week's squirrel at a long Island tire shop. Do the fitting factor. Verify your shocks right now.

Landspeed loopy and Hot Rod Journal behind-the-scenester Keith Turk leans on this Snap-On field to get him out of jams in the storage and on the road. The bottom three drawers are reportedly packed solid with salt. The mysterious piece hanging off the aspect is remarkably similar to a Hilborn scoop hold-down that I made for my smallblock's dual quad tunnel ram. I have never seen it in fairly a while although...
CytujZgłoś post
PostNapisane: wtorek, 19 czerwca 2018, 11:28

Powrót do Mieszkańcy